I’ve got good news for people in placements who fear they can’t afford to undertake further theological study.
From next semester Trinity College Queensland is launching a Continuing Education for Ministry (CEM) program that caters for people in placement who satisfy one of the following two conditions:
- You are an ordained UCA Minister of the Word or Deacon;
- You have completed an undergraduate theological degree to Bachelor level.
We’re offering these people unlimited access to our undergraduate and postgraduate courses in return for their annual CEM allowance and a small administrative fee. It’s up to you to determine how many units you can knock over each year toward the completion of an incomplete Bachelor’s degree or one our postgraduate courses – anything from a Graduate Certificate in Ministry to a Doctor of Ministry.
As our College’s Principal, I’m tasked with managing our resources in a way that supports your work in Gospel mission. When it comes to CEM, I believe we’ll achieve this purpose by offering units that:
- Equip you with the content and tools to go away with your next sermon series ready to go. We’re offering units that take students through a systematic study of a biblical book, demonstrating how its parts move like an animal, always with an eye to how you would preach this in a modern context;
- Dig deep into the Bible and the history of Christian thought to find resources for addressing modern questions. These kinds of units will set you up to run “hot topic” seminars within your local context;
- Impart knowledge and skills for Church-planting, turning around declining congregations, leading youth and young adult ministries;
- Develop your own theological framework for meeting the challenges you’re facing on a personal level as your serve a congregation or people within one of our agencies.
Important News for Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership Graduates
If you’re a person who has completed or will soon complete your Graduate Certificate in Christian Leadership, why not use our CEM program to extend it into a Master of Ministry or Doctor of Ministry? If you’re thinking this way, you should consider enrolling in Research Methods (MINS 9031). It’s a flexible unit of study that’s a core requirement for the Master and Doctorate degrees. It will be taught by Dr Janice McRandal, online or face-to-face. If at this stage you’d prefer to work toward a Graduate Diploma in Ministry there are other options available!
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on (07) 3377 9950 if you’d like to register for entering our CEM Program in Semester 2, 2017.