Bachelor of Ministry/Theology
Graduate as a mission-ready pastor, cross-cultural missionary, or a professional working in a Church agency.
The Bachelor of Ministry/Theology introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message. It provides training which emphasises application and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world. The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience.
This course concentrates on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated:
- Biblical Studies
- Languages (BTh only)
- Christian Thought & History (TH, CH, PE)
Students can then choose electives that suit their future pathway (Theology or Ministry) from either the above units or;
- Pastoral & Church Focused Ministry (PC) and/or
- Developmental Ministry (DM)
- Evangelism & Missiology (EM)
Through elective units students can:
- Develop foundational understanding in the Bible and Christian Thought & History (BTheo)
- Develop particular ministry skills in the three fields of Ministry & Practice (BMin)
ATAR: Completion of Year 12 with an ATAR of 65 or above; OR
Previous Qualifications: Successful completion of a qualification at AQF Level 5 or above; OR
Demonstrate Academic Suitability for course: Test, Brief Essay, or Interview.
Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience.