The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience. Prepare yourself with the skills and knowledge for supporting mission within your local church, community, or workplace.
The Diploma of Ministry introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message. It provides training which emphasises application and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world. The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience.
This course concentrates on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated:
- Biblical Studies
- Christian Thought & History (TH, CH, PE)
Students can then choose electives that suit their future pathway from either the above units or;
- Evangelism & Missiology (EM) and/or
- Pastoral & Church Focused Ministry (PC) and/or
- Developmental Ministry (DM) and/or
Through elective units students can:
- Develop particular ministry skills in the three fields of Ministry & Practice
- Develop foundational understanding in the Bible and Christian Thought & History
Common Core Units
Minimum of 24cps in Old and New Testament.
12cps in TH/CH/PE Please note that some units are offered in alternate years – check timetables or consult with Registrar
Primary Course Discipline & Elective Units
24cps in either a PC/EM/DM plus at least 36cps in elective units from any unit field
- PC064-512 Christian Spirituality
- PC114-506 Christian Leadership (6cps)
- PC113-506 Christian Disciple-Making (6cps)
- PC109-506 Engaging in Word Based Ministries (6cps)
- EM059-512 Mission Leadership Foundations
- EM024-512 Principles of Evangelism
- EM202-512 Evangelism & Missiology in Context (Thailand Mission Trip)
- EM064-506 Ministry Foundations (6cps)
- DM010-512 Youth Ministry
- PE010-512 Christian Worldview
- CH001-512 Christianity in History to 1550
- CH002-512 Christianity in History from 1550
- PC003-612 Pastoral Skills and Methods*
- PE004-512 Christian Ethics*
* Nb. Are advanced units so please consult with the Registrar/Academic Dean as to the suitability of these units
- ATAR: Completion of Year 12 with an ATAR of 65 or above; or
- Previous Qualifications: Successful completion of a qualification at AQF Level 5 or above; or
- Demonstrate Academic Suitability for course: Test, Brief Essay, or Interview.
- Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience.