An entry-level course that provides a grounding for ministry by establishing a foundation in theological knowledge and reflection. For use in your local church, community, or workplace.
The Diploma of Theology introduces students to the sources and content of the Christian story and message. It provides training which emphasises application and practice of this story and message in the contemporary world. The course will integrate studies in the Bible and Christian tradition with practical experience.
This course concentrates on the disciplines by which knowledge of God is developed and articulated:
- Bible & languages Studies (Languages (LA)| Old Testament (OT) | New Testament (NT) | Biblical Studies (BB) and
- Christian Thought & History Theology (TH) | Church History (CH)| Philosophy & Ethics (PE)
- Diploma of Theology provides a grounding for ministry by establishing a foundation in theological knowledge and reflection.
Through elective units students can:
- Follow study tracks in the Bible and Christian Thought & History
- Develop practical ministry skills
Common Core Units
24cps in Old or New Testament foundation units
12cps in TH/CH/PE
Please note that some units are offered in alternate years – check timetables or consult with Registrar
Primary Course Discipline & Elective Units
At least 24cps in LA/BB/NT/OT/TH/CH/PE plus at least 36cp from any field
- LA005-612 New Testament Greek A*
- LA006-612 New Testament Greek B*
- OT001-512 Old Testament Foundations
- OT002-512 Old Testament Prophets and Writings
- NT001-512 Jesus and the Gospels
- NT002-512 The Early New Testament Church
- TH005-512 Foundational Christian Beliefs
- CH001-512 Christianity in History to 1550
- CH002-512 Christianity in History from 1550
- PE001-512 Christian Ethics*
- PC064-512 Christian Spirituality
- PC108-512 Missional Discipleship
- PC001-512 Ministry Formation
- EM024-512 Principles of Evangelism
- DM010-512 Youth Ministry
- PC003-612 Pastoral Skills and Methods*
* Nb. Are advanced units so please consult with the Registrar/Academic Dean as to the suitability of these units
- ATAR: Completion of Year 12 with an ATAR of 65 or above; or
- Previous Qualifications: Successful completion of a qualification at AQF Level 5 or above; or
- Demonstrate Academic Suitability for course: Entry Assessment; and
- Interview: All new students are interviewed to understand how the college can support their study goals.
- Language Qualifications for NESB: IELTS 6.5 overall with minimum of 6.5 in each subtest OR 10 years English in country experience.