12 Credit Points (CPS)
On successful completion of this unit, students will
A. Know and understand
1. Demonstrate Advanced knowledge and understanding of the Book of Romans in the Greek text.
B. Be able to
1. Examine the ‘introductory’ issues in understanding Romans
2. Evaluate alternative interpretations of the themes and theological teachings of Romans
3. Translate and Exegete selected passages of the Greek text of Romans
C. Be in a position to
1. Applying the teaching of Romans to contemporary Christian living and ministry practice
- Introductory issues:
- the themes and purpose(s) of Romans in the context of the Pauline mission;
- the major issues in contemporary study of the book of Romans; and
- the bearing of contemporary approaches to Pauline theology on the interpretation of Romans.
- Exegesis of the English text of Romans 1-11 (or equivalent passages).