OT009-612 – The Pentateuch (Hebrew)
12 Credit Points (CPS)
On successful completion of this unit, students will
A. Know and understand
1. Demonstrate Developing knowledge and understanding of the contents, themes and character of the Pentateuch in the Hebrew text
B. Be able to
1. Analyse the ‘introductory’ issues in understanding the Pentateuch
2. Reflect Critically on the themes and theological teachings of the Pentateuch
3. Translate and Exegete selected chapters of the Hebrew text of the Pentateuch
C. Be in a position to
1. Applying the teaching of the Pentateuch to contemporary Christian living and ministry contexts
- The theology of the Pentateuch with special reference to one or two of the five books of the Pentateuch, especially such themes as covenant, law, land, grace, holy war, people of God, blessing and cursing.
- Exegesis of the English text of Genesis 1–11; Deuteronomy 5–8, 12, 16–18, or comparable passages, drawn from the books of the Pentateuch.