12 Credit Points (CPS)
On successful completion of this unit, students will
A. Know and understand
Demonstrate Developing knowledge and understanding of the doctrines of grace and eschatology.
B. Be able to
1. Analyse the interrelationship of the doctrines of grace and eschatology
2. Identify methodological and theological issues in the doctrines of grace and of eschatology
3. Present Analytical evidence-based perspectives on the doctrines of grace and eschatology
C. Be in a position to
1. Applying perspectives from ‘The Doctrines of Grace and Eschatology’ to contemporary Christian life and ministry contexts
Students are required to cover the whole syllabus. But assessment procedures will allow for a certain amount of specialisation, so that students are not expected to study each topic in detail.
Section A : The Doctrines of Grace
- The Gospel of God;
- Repentance, faith, forgiveness, justification, election and grace;
- The work of the Spirit : regeneration, sanctification and fellowship.
Section B : Eschatology
- The kingdom present and future;
- Judgement present and future;
- Consummation of all things in Christ;
- Death, intermediate state, resurrection;
- Heaven and hell.