UCA Qualifications


The Uniting Church in Australia has established standards and procedures for people entering ordained ministry or serving as lay preachers and presiders. Trinity College Queensland is the educational resource for equipping people to meet these standards in the Queensland Synod.


In addition to offering life-long learning opportunities for people who may not have membership in one of our congregations, Trinity College Queensland provides the academic resources required for people who enter formal educational pathways within the UCA. Ordination as a Minister of the Word or Deacon, Certificates for Lay Preachers and Lay Presiders, and the Period of Discernment are governed by UCA Assembly standards or guidelines. To begin the process of entering one of these pathways into formal ministry within the UCA you need to speak with the minister or pastor in your congregation before enrolling in one of our educational programs.