The aim of this award is to encourage interaction with religious faith, culture, current affairs and how these relate to contemporary Australian society. This award will be awarded in March.
Application for the Award closes – Wednesday 18 December 2019
The successful applicant of this Religious Faith and Culture Award will be notified on or before Friday 6 March 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
You must submit your ‘Religious Faith and Culture Award: March 2020’ application form and essay for the Religious Faith and Culture Award by the closing date.
Apply Online: Use the form below.
Post: Trinity College Queensland Scholarship, GPO Box 674, Brisbane 4001
Written essay or opinion piece of 1,500 words on the following topic:
‘Describe how a recent (within the last 5 years) film, or television series, or theatrical work explores the relationship between religious faith and culture ‘
A one-off payment of $1,500.
This will be paid directly into the successful applicant’s nominated bank account.
To be eligible for this award, you need to:
- Be an Australian citizen and/or permanent resident residing in Queensland
- Not be a current or past student of Trinity College Queensland
- Not be a full-time employee of the Uniting Church of Australia Queensland Synod
- Demonstrate a nuanced understanding of the way the chosen medium addresses issues in faith and culture
- Provide commentary on the potential impact of the chosen medium on viewers in Australia
The Queensland Synod Advisory Council will make a recommendation based on the advertised selection criteria.
The Scholarships Committee of the Queensland Synod Finance Investment and Property Board will review and determine the successful recipient and will also approve all disbursements from the Uniting Church in Australia, Queensland Synod Scholarship Fund.