12 or 24 or 36 Credit Points (cps)
Students will select a field of study (LA, BB, CH, TH, PE, DM, PC, EM) and then a specific topic within that field. Students may select a 12cp (7,000 words), 24cp(12,000 words) or 36cp (16,000 words) project. It is strongly advised that students completing a 24cps or 36cps project complete AS001-912 Research Methods prior to their project.
On successful completion of this unit, students will
A. Know and understand
1. Demonstrate Advanced knowledge and understanding of, and the research underlying, the selected field of study (LA, BB, CH, TH, PE, DM, PC, EM) and specific topic within that field
B. Be able to
1. Identify and problematise a selected topic
2. Devise and execute a method for achieving the purpose of the investigation
3. Examine recent scholarship on the selected topic
4. Utilise diverse scholarship and research methods to formulate critical perspectives on the selected topic
5. Present Research-Aware evidence-based perspectives on the selected topic (in an essay/report of 7000/12000/16000 words)
C. Be in a position to
1. Applying Advanced perspectives and research skills from independently investigated topics to ministry practice and Christian living as a reflective practitioner
Students will select a topic for investigation in consultation with a supervisor in their college.