12 Credit Points (CPS)
On successful completion of this unit, students will
A. Know and understand
1. Demonstrate Developing knowledge and understanding of the Book of Romans in the English text
B. Be able to
1. Analyse the ‘introductory’ issues in understanding of Romans
2. Reflect Critically on the main themes and theological teachings of Romans
3. Exegete selected passages of the English text of Romans
C. Be in a position to
1. Applying the teaching of Romans to contemporary Christian living and ministry contexts
- Introductory issues:
- the themes and purpose(s) of Romans in the context of the Pauline mission;
- the major issues in contemporary study of the book of Romans; and
- the bearing of contemporary approaches to Pauline theology on the interpretation of Romans.
- Exegesis of the English text of Romans 1-11 (or equivalent passages).