OT009-812 – The Pentateuch (Hebrew)
12 Credit Points (CPS)
On successful completion of this unit, students will
A. Know and understand
1. Demonstrate Advanced knowledge and understanding of the contents, themes and character of the Pentateuch in the Hebrew text
B. Be able to
1. Examine the ‘introductory’ issues in understanding the Pentateuch
2. Evaluate alternative interpretations of the themes and theological teachings of the Pentateuch
3. Translate and Exegete selected chapters of the Hebrew text of the Pentateuch
C. Be in a position to
1. Applying the teaching of the Pentateuch to contemporary Christian Christian living and ministry practice
- The theology of the Pentateuch with special reference to one or two of the five books of the Pentateuch, especially such themes as covenant, law, land, grace, holy war, people of God, blessing and cursing.
- Exegesis of the English text of Genesis 1–11; Deuteronomy 5–8, 12, 16–18, or comparable passages, drawn from the books of the Pentateuch.